Let's Count Down the 11 Most Alluring, Badass, and Terrifying Women of Horror

I love horror films and I wanted to share some of my most favorite horror icons from past until present. These fictional characters have all found their place in this world. Some of these beauties are terrifying and villainous vixens, some of these ladies found themselves the victims, and the rest just want to have fun dressed in their finest mourning clothes.

Unleash the ghouls...

11. Elsa Lanchester as The Bride of Frankenstein (The Bride of Frankenstein)

Aw, Frankenstein was so happy to have a friend! When his bride is created he reaches out and calls her 'friend,' but she just full on rejects him, screaming like a banshee. Then, as if she hasn't caused enough mayhem already, she pulls a lever triggering the destruction of the laboratory and tower. Nice work girl! 

10. Carolyn Jones as Morticia Frump Addams (Addams Family)

Don't forget the original Morticia!

9. Milla Jovovich as Alice (Resident Evil)

Milla is super badass in her role as Alice. I mean seriously, she manages to look flawless all the time even when she is busting out her meanest moves!

8. Maila Nurmi as Vampira

http://fuckyeahvampira.tumblr.com/
http://fuckyeahvampira.tumblr.com/
Vampira is a true horror icon and she has the perfect horror scream to match, take a listen! 

7. Janet Leigh as Marion (Psycho)

The beautiful Janet Leigh's fame rocketed after starring in Psycho! It always amazes me that after being stabbed she just very cooly and calmly slides down, barely moving a muscle in her face as she drops to the ground. Could this be the most glamorous looking killing ever?

6. Caroline Munro (Dracula A.D. 1972)

Caroline still appears at horror conventions and is an absolutely jaw-dropping horror icon with incredible acting skills to match! She starred alongside Christopher Lee in Dracula A.D. 1972! Check out those teeth!

5. Famke Janssen (Hansel and Gretel/House on Haunted Hill)

Famke Janssen terrified me when I saw her in Hansel and Gretel. I thought she was about to jump out of the screen and eat my soul!

4. Sheri Moon Zombie

Sheri just always looks incredible mixing up sexy roles with totally badass characters. 

3. Selma Hayek as Santanico Pandemonium (From Dusk Till Dawn)

I loved Selma in From Dusk Till Dawn, she is just hellishly sexy as she whips up the crowd with her snake dance. But, they shouldn't get so comfy as all hell is about to be unleashed.

2. Anjelica Huston as Morticia Addams

"I’m just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It’s just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."

1. Cassandra Peterson as Elvira

My personal number one, although I honestly reshuffled this list a few times as all of these horror icons are truly amazing! If you don't know her name already allow me to introduce to Mistress of the Dark, Elvira. She is the most rock and roll Queen of Darkness!
This dark siren sure knows how to use her body to her advantage and is able to bust out of any situation!